Organized by the Dynamics of Civil Society Organisations of Francophone Africa (OSCAF), civil society organizations gathered in Cotonou 14 to 16 June, as part of a Francophone African Regional Workshop consultation and training session on the topic "Coorporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and human rights in Francophone Africa: Strategizing for civil society ". Present were delegates from the Francophone Network for Integrity and Sustainable Development (RefId), trade unions, representatives of organizations to protect and defend the human rights of Francophone African countries and international partners from Switzerland (CETIM), France (FIDH) and Belgium (CSI).
Issues discussed included:
· development policy and the issue of aid for trade;
· Corporate Social Responsibility economic actors (RSAE) and Liability
- Companies in Human Rights (REDHA);
· investment and its relationship with aid and RSAE;
· the Paris Declaration and aid effectiveness and;
· French citizen participation in dialogue on trade issues and global development
Representatives of civil society organizations (CSOs) and their French-speaking African partners present in Cotonou adopted a declaration following the meeting.
Read the full declaration here. Currently only available in French : Cotonou declaration